"Warning"

My mother deteriorates every time she goes into this hospital for respite. I have no alternative to putting her there when necessary (I avoid doing so unless absolutely necessary, and any good for me as her carer to have a rest via respite is wiped out by her condition after being there for a few days) because she cannot stand and has to be hoisted and I know of nowhere else than can cope with her, but unless this hospital treats its respite patients better I would advise you avoid it unless you have no alternative!

Response from Moseley Hall Hospital

I would urge you to speak to the Clinical Team Leader or Matron of the ward about your concerns as respite care aims to give carers a break from the stresses of caring responsibilities, and your feedback indicates this is not your experience. If you feel unable or do not wish to speak with the Clinical Team Leader or Matron, please contact Alison Last, Associate Director of Patient Experience on 0121 466 7128 or email alison.last@bhamcommunity.nhs.uk so that it is possible for your concerns to be fully investigated.