Research into online feedback about healthcare
Online feedback about health care is a new and rapidly evolving area.
There's a lot to learn if we are going to do it well - and we'll need good quality research to help us.
On this page we link to relevant research projects and findings we are aware of. Do let us know of more.
Studies where Patient Opinion is being researched
- Birmingham University/Tavistock Institute study of the potential and progress of online feedback
- Early findings from the Birmingham research
- Sourcing the crowd for health services improvement: The reflexive patient and “share-your-experience” websites. Samantha A. Adams. Soc Sci Med 2011; 72: 1069-76.
- Malte Ziewitz: Oxford University PhD about online ratings (not yet completed)
Studies of other online feedback/rating services in healthcare
- Patients’ Evaluations of Health Care Providers in the Era of Social Networking: An Analysis of Physician-Rating Websites
- Physician-Rating Websites Are Biased in Picking Doctors, Exaggerating Consumer Opinions. As yet unpublished paper from University of Maryland