"A grateful cyclist"

About: Cheltenham General Hospital

Following a cycling accident in Cheltenham I was taken by a superb paramedic to the A&E department at Cheltenham General. From the moment I arrived my injury (quite a serious laceration to my knee) was treated, I received assurances and all the neccessary attention and priority. On assessment it was decided that I should be admitted to have the wound cleansed and repaired under general anesthetic. I was admitted onto Avening ward and received outstanding treatment from all staf without exception. I was in significant pain and when requested pain relief was administered with haste. My operation was carried out to suit the programme the following day and my post op treatment continued to demonstrate the outstanding quality of the staff. I was discharged the next day and am making a good recovery.

Response from Cheltenham General Hospital

Many thanks for this message. Sorry to hear about your accident but we're glad that you were so pleased with the care you received at Cheltenham General. We'll pass on your comments to those involved in your treatment. Good to hear you're now recovering well.