"Transferred to West Mid from Ashford ..."

About: West Middlesex University Hospital

Transferred to West Mid from Ashford & St Peter's NHS Trust. Far superior service in all aspects so far. Had surgery this week - gynae team were excellent and I was able to go home same day with minimum discomfort. Surgery presents some diffculties as I am type 1 diabetic but was managed so well by the team, did not have any issues this time. Follow-up appt organised. I feel well-informed and confident. Was very impressed by Sisters.

Only criticism would be the attitude of some of the staff nurses. One nurse was particularly rude and unhelpful, displaying unprofessional behaviour by being rude to patients and colleagues and being overtly critical when asked to assist by her colleagues. Made recovery a bit stressful but then I was fit enough to go home so I was luckier than some. I did comment to ward sister who spoke to the individual. Hope that she'll take it on board and treat people as she might wish to be treated herself.

Response from West Middlesex University Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your experiences at West Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust. We are always keen to hear from our patients about what we did well, and where we could improve. If you would like us to investigate any specific issues you have raised, our PALS (patient advice and liaison service) would be pleased to hear from you. Email pals.service@wmuh.nhs.uk or call 020 8321 6261.