"constantly cancelled consultant appointments"

About: Stobhill Hospital / Cardiology

I last saw my cardiologist in October last year and had a return appointment for March of this year. My consultant subsequently retired and I was given an appointment for a new consultant. My March appointment was moved to April, the April appointment was moved to June, the June appointment was moved to July and the July appointment has now been moved to November without seeing anyone since last year.

Response from Paul Cannon, Head of Administration, Acute Services Division, Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS

Thank you for your posting. I was very sorry to read that you had had a number of appointments postponed. Without any further detail it isnt possible to be very specific about why this might have been the case.

If you would like us to look into this for you in greater detail and respond to you more formally we can take this forward for you if you provide your details in an email to our complaints email address below.

Thank you.

Update posted by weefifi (the patient)

Got very quick reply and problem has been solved, a new appointments system is having teething problems - I now have an earlier appointment. Thank you to everyone involved for the help.