"Chest pain examination A&E"

About: William Harvey Hospital / Accident and emergency

I was referred to the William Harvey A&E department after complaining of chest pains and high ecg readings at my local GP's. On arriving at the William Harvey A&E department I was seen within 5 repeat FIVE minutes and initial treatment to ascertain various causes or eliminate causes began.

I found all the staff I had dealings with to be friendly, informative, helpful and efficient. I had what I consider to be thorough checks, x-rays, pulse and blood pressure monitoring, further ecg's and blood tests. All the checks made were explained to me and carried out quickly. At NO time did I feel that I was being neglected, forgotten or ignored.

People who knock the NHS and the staff that work there should try how hard it is to work there themselves.

Thank you so much for taking time to give us great feedback. Staff are very proud of the service they provide and will be pleased to receive your feedback. I do hope you are recovering from your illness.