"Good Hope Pharmacy"

About: Good Hope Hospital / Rheumatology

I saw my Rhumatology Nurse late afternoon and was given a new prescription to take to the Pharmacy.

I entered the Pharmacy shortly after and handed over my prescription - the Pharmasist spoke to me 15 minutes later about my medication - 40 minutes passed I saw no one - no one looked in the reception area to check if any one was still waiting (I was the only one in the reception from late afternoon)

I could hear people saying goodnight in the Pharmacy area but still no one checked - so I rang the bell - I asked if my prescription was ready she went to look - she said it was ready and had been ready for some time - she then said I had probably left the room for a short while - I did not leave the room at all - by that time it was an hour after I had entered the Pharmacy.

I was extremely angry that no one even bothered to check if any one was in the Pharmacy still waiting.

Response from Lisa Thomson, Director of Patient Experience, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust We are preparing to make a change

Dear Thorne

I am so sorry you had that experience and have passed your feedback onto the Pharmacy Director to check how this happened and, more importantly, ensure it doesn't happen again. Please be assured this is not the normal standard of service and appropriate steps will be taken.

Best wishes