"Rheumatology"

About: Lincoln County Hospital

As a patient of the Rheumatology service I cannot fault the professionalism and compassion of the rheumatology specialist nurses. The portacabin accommodation is slightly better now updated but still, after all, a portacabin. My telephone encounter with one of the rheumatology secretaries today was an entirely different ecperienc. I have never before spoken to a more rude, uncaring and unpleasant person. They really need some urgent customer care training, and in addition needs to understand their job role, Unless this person is themselves a qualified Rheumatologist I would suggest they refrain from making clinical judgements or comments like "you will just have to get on with it" when I mentioned that my pain was increasing and that I needed to bring my appointment forward if possible. Dreadful.

Dear Elaine - I was really disappointed to read your story - could you contact me at patient.involvement@ulh.nhs.uk and confirm the day of your telephone call so that I can look into this further?