"Fibromyalgia - Dr deserves a big thank you"

About: Royal Derby Hospital / Rheumatology

At Royal Derby Hospital rheumatology clinic I was seen by Dr Garner who was excellent. She explained about the disease and what treatment I need. As I am a lead operating department practitioner I was pleased that she respected this and spoke to me on appropriate level because I have some knowledge of Fibromyalgia. She had to ring me a week after I'd had some tests done with bad news - a swab taken revealed I was carrying MRSA. she explained about Eradication Treatment and what I had to do to get rid of it. Basically Dr Warner was great, very understanding and put me at ease even when telling me firstly that I have Fibromyalgia and then that I needed treatment for MRSA. She deserves a big THANK YOU - keep up the good work.

Response from Jim Roberts, Marketing Manager, Derby Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your positive comments. We are pleased to hear that you were happy with the quality of care you received by Dr Garner at the rheumatology clinic, I have sent your comments on to her.

Should you wish to nominate Dr Garner for a 'Pride of Derby' award please visit: www.derbyhospitals.nhs.uk/pride