"Trauma Unit Wansbeck hospital"

About: Berwick Infirmary / Trauma and orthopaedics

Following fall while on holiday in Scotland I went to Berwick Infirmary where X-rays showed two broken fingers. It was complicated and we had to travel to the main fracture clinic in Wansbeck. We were assured all X-rays and notes were transmitted and we even had an appointment.

Everything worked perfectly. clinic board advised a delay of 35 minutes, which was also accurate. The team worked smoothly, efficiently, were calm reassuring and explained fully the problems and the options.

The trauma team then liaised fully with my home hospital sending X-rays notes and a letter for continuing care. It was a bad situation made so much easier by this great Team. Many thanks.

Response from Annie Laverty, Director of Patient Experience, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Dolly,

So sorry to hear that you had a fall on holiday which resulted in a trip to hospital - I hope you are recovering well.

Thanks so much for your lovely feedback. We are understandably very proud of trauma and orthopaedic team but I am equally delighted that all parts of our system from Berwick to Wansbeck kicked in to provide you with all the care you needed.

Your thoughful words and thanks will be passed on to all teams concerned. I know how much it will mean to them.

With thanks and best wishes for more relaxing and less eventful holidays in the future,

Annie.