"Wrong organ!"

About: Charing Cross Hospital

The doctor from gatro department booked me to have the wrong organ checked. Last year I started with a diarrhea. After it remained for while I went to my GP where I had my blood tested. It showed celiac disease... Yet to be confirmed with a colonoscopy. Went to Charing Cross hospital and was assessed. Explained about the disease and then went back again to have the procedure. Upon my arrival in the hospital I learnt I was having my large bowel checked... celiac disease happens in the small bowel.... same name but not the same organs. Complaint, was told is either this or nothing... Now after a year felling sick I am going to have the procedure done in the right organ.

Response from Charing Cross Hospital

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is concerned to read about your experience and apologises for the distress you have reported. You raise some significant concerns with regard to your care and it would be important to ensure this incident is investigated. We would appreciate it if you made contact with our PALS department to discuss this further pals@imperial.nhs.uk or telephone 020 3312 7777