"Chicken bone stuck in my throat"

About: Doncaster Royal Infirmary

I had swallowed a chicken bone and the next day realised how serious this was and drove myself to A/E at 6am. My details were taken and was admitted to Ward S12. I am a fit and healthy elderly lady but I was very concerned about my condition. However from the start I was treated with respect and kept informed about what was going to be done and why, I have to say I am very impressed with the professionalism of all the staff - without exception, and very grateful for all the kindness I received during my stay.

Response from Emer Scott, Director of Communications, Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thanks so much for sharing this with us. It's great to hear you received such good care and that you're now recovering well. It must have been a very worrying time for you and I'm really pleased you were treated with respect and kept informed. We have forwarded your feedback to the Emergency Dept and S12 teams so it can be shared with the staff there.

Response from Doncaster Royal Infirmary