"Waiting for Dialysis"

About: Salford Royal

I have been going for dialysis for several years and most of the time I have to wait for up to 2hrs before I am on.

This causes significant problems with transport services.

I recently found that transport was informed I would be ready to go home before I had even got to the dialysis unit.

In my opinion if transport are given the correct time I am likely to be put on and taken off the dialysis machine then the transport services could send transport nearer to the time I'm on and off dialysis.

Response from Salford Royal

I am sorry that you are experiencing these problems. It is important that we at Salford Royal have good coordination with our colleagues in Patient Transport Services in Greater Manchester to ensure there are no unneccesary delays for patients. We would welcome the chance to explore this further with you to see exactly what issues are causing these problems you have highlighted. If you could contact the PALS team (PALS@srft.nhs.uk) they will be able to advise on how we can assist. Thank you for taking the time to highlight this to us and we look forward to hearing from you soon.