"ENT Surgery"

About: Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford)

I was in for an overnight stay for surgery on my neck. I arrived at hospital at 7:30 AM and through some scheduling mishaps did not go into sugery until late afternoon. However, I was kept apprised of the delay and accept the reason for it. The anaesthetist and the surgeon were both attentive, actively listened to my input (I had a similar procedure done a few years before) and post-operative nursing care was of an excellent standard. The thing that impressed me most about the whole experience was that it was very evident that the staff cared. There was a certain amount of delay in getting discharged, again due to events that were not really in the staff's control, but on the whole, the standard of care I received during my stay exceeded my expectations.

Response from Patient Engagement & Experience Administrator, Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust

I am very sorry that you experienced a long delay on the day of your surgery but very pleased to hear that you was advised of the situation and updated regularly. I would like to also thank you for your very kind comments on the care you received from the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital.

Response from Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford)

Thank you for sharing your story and it is always so rewarding to hear that the RD&E are continuing to provide excellent care to patients when they need it most. Kind regards Tracy