"Social Inclusion & Wellbeing Service (Highbury Hospital)"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

I was taken on by the Social Inclusion & Wellbeing Service in June 2012 after being discharged my the psychiatrist I was referred to because we didn't see eye to eye about medication & I was so unwell that I missed several appointments with her (I was an outpatient). As I was also accessing another secondary care service, the Social Inclusion Service agreed to work with me for an initial period of 3 months, which, through the efforts of my worker, Sangita, was ultimately extended to a year. I would just like to say that working with this service and the services I was referred to as a result, namely FOCUS managed by Tim, actually gave me back hope in my life. I lost my job due to ill health (anxiety & associated depression)in 2010 and I was beginning to lose all hope that I would ever make a sustained recovery and return to work. There have been some set backs along the way, mainly due to external factors, but I now feel that there is hope that my recovery is sustainable and I can return to work in the future. Thank you.

Response from Sangita Dhawan, Co-ordinator Community Volunteering, Social Inclusion & Wellbeing Service, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Thank you for your very positive feedback. As a service, we are always keen to ensure that people receive a service that meets with their needs and helps them to fulfil their aspirations and goals. We wish you all the best and hope that you continue to make progress in future.

Julie Swann (Team Leader) & Sangita Dhawan