"Appointment either changed or cancelled 5 times in a row"

About: King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill)

I first saw the consultant in Dec 2012, and was supposed to see him 3 months later for follow up. It is now over 5 months later and no luck.

My first appointment was put back a month, then that one was cancelled. Then I was given a date a month later, then that was changed, then I was given another and sat there for 2.5 hours to be told he had gone home.

I was ASSURED this would not happen again and given a date - another month later. They promised I would be first on the list so it would never happen again. With 1 working day's notice (to let employer know and reschedule work load) it has been put back to the afternoon on the same day. Due to timing, I now miss half a day as opposed to an hour or so of work.

I just don't think I can face sitting there for hours and hours again knowing I may not get to see him. I was assured I was first on the list so that it wouldn't happen again, now I see I am way down on the list and I know this hospital likes to overbook.

Response from Cathy Varley, PALS Manager, King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

I beleive that you are a regular contributor to this site and that I have previously offered to try to resolve the appointment and other issues that you have described. Please consider contacting the PALS Service on 0203 299 3601 or by email kch-tr.pals@nhs.net

Update posted by Waarheid (the patient)

I did and PALS said I would not be seen till end July. That is hardly resolution is it?

Four months after I was due to be seen for follow up. I have a number of issues pending until I can see my consultant.