"Care of my family members at Queens Hospital..."

About: Queen's Hospital (Romford)

I saw for myself the amazing work carried out in Queens A&E department and on Tropical Lagoon. Intersetingly I work in the hospital, but have attended Queens A&E three times in the past 2 months as a service user with family members. On each occasion, the treatment was timely, appropriate, at all times the staff involved the family with any decision making. My 90 year old grandmother was one family member that attended A&E, at all times she was treated with dignity and respect by medical and nursing staff that at times were extremely busy with the volume of patients in the department. Nothing was too much trouble, even when my grandmother turned up her nose at the choice of food on offer, she was asked what she would like.....and that choice appeared 10 minutes later! I would not hesitate to recommend the department in the future to family and friends.

Response from Queen's Hospital

I’m very pleased to hear that your grandmother was treated with dignity and respect at all times, and that your other family members have been involved in the decision making and given timely and appropriate treatment. Thank you for your feedback. Please share your story with others in the Trust as we are working hard to show we are improving. As you will know, it means a lot to our staff.

Yours sincerely