"First class service"

About: Royal Sussex County Hospital

I was advised to have a colonoscopy after the home bowel test but was very reluctant to do so after a previous bad experience. One of the screening practitioners, did a lot to calm my fears and I was able to have an appointment on a day that suited me and, more importantly, with a consultant I trusted.

The entire team should be congratulated on their absolute professionalism, patience, empathy, ability to work efficiently and effectively so that this painful procedure is over before the patient has time to blink. The team working with the doctor were all fantastic. Staff in the Recovery Unit also deserves a mention for their cool efficiency in the face of a hundred and one different things going on around them. She seemed to cope effortlessly with phones, paperwork, patients, staff ...and even found time to make me a cup of tea in the middle of it all.

Never mind abour ring-fencing the NHS .....ring fence people like these and raise their salaries! Our NHS may not be the envy of the world anymore as some people say, but the people in it are priceless if this team are anything to go by.

Response from Royal Sussex County Hospital

Thank you for your thoughtfulness in writing and for your praise of the Digestive Diseases Unit. Whilst we strive to provide all of our patients with the highest standards of care it is always such a pleasure to to read of the difference that kindness and compassion can also make at such worrying times. We will, of course, share your thanks with the clinicians, nurses and support teams involved and I know that your kind words will mean a great deal to them.