"bone marrow aspiration"

About: William Harvey Hospital

Have had my first bone marrow aspiration today. After hearing horror stories about the procedure, I was very scared. The staff were all marvellous, they reassured me constantly. I held the hand of one nurse and she talked to me throughout the 15min procedure. The doctor was excellent and I can truly say I did not feel a thing except a dull ache half way through and she immediately put more anaesthetic in and the sensation stopped. A very welcome cup of tea afterwards and reassuring words that the nurse had regained the feeling in her hand! and I went on my way, confident that any further visits will be much less scary! Well done everyone!

Response from William Harvey Hospital

We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. All of the concerns and feedback from this website are sent to the managers in charge of the unit and I am sure the staff will be delighted to hear that they were able to put your mind at ease and that you will be more confident in any future visits.

many thanks

Patient Experience Team (ekh-tr.patientexperienceteam@nhs.net )

Thank you so much for letting us know what great care you received. We are very proud of our staff who provide a great service with care and compassion. Hope next time goes just as well.