"Visit to A/E department 4th May 2013"

About: Basildon University Hospital

I went to the department at 8o/c after feeling unwell whilst shopping. I was seen immediately by the triage nurse who passed me to the GP. I saw the GP within 30 mins who did a thorough examination. I was then passed to A/E. Again I was seen, in my opinion, within a reasonable time .I was given an ECG and bloods were taken. Then I saw another Doctor who again did a thorough examination and sent me for a chest X-Ray. After assessing the results I was sent home and told to see my GP for the results of another test for thyroid.

I could not have had better treatment than they gave me at this department.

After all the negative reporting I think they should also be praised when it is well deserved. I also witnessed them dealing with a very abusive patient an once again was handled well.

Response from Basildon University Hospital

We have noticed that a number of comments posted on the NHS Choices some time ago did not receive a posted response from the Trust, for which we offer our sincere apologies.

We would like to assure you that at the time your comments were posted they were shared with the relevant departments.

Feedback from patients and/or their relatives/carers is always welcomed (negative or positive) whether it is showing appreciation for the care and treatment received or expressing concerns or offering suggestions to improve practices at the hospital.