"sorted everything i could just to be knocked back"

About: Southend Hospital

I recently had a knee injury i went to a and e and was discharged with an appt with the trauma team a couple of weeks later. Had the appt and was told possible meniscus tear and was scheduled for an mri. I was told by the doctor to see him straight after the mri and that it would all be marked as urgent. I hadnt heard anything for a while so I phoned the mri dept about my appt and managed to an appt this morning at 7am.

I took today off as I was told by my doctor to see him straight after my mri, I contacted the reception for trauma only to be told that my case wasnt marked as urgent against what the doctor told me and that i would have to wait 2weeks to see him. I tried to explain that he stated to see him on the day of my mri but she refused to accept that and im now waiting two weeks to see him to get my knee sorted. What am I supposed to about this as this tear is getting worse and southend nhs dont seem to really care.

Very disappointed after working so hard to get everything done quickly to be turned away, Ive learnt now that its pointless trying with southend nhs as they dont really seem to care.

Response from Steve McEwen, Patient Experience Lead, Patient Liaison, Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

I was truly sorry to learn of the problems you have experienced. Your feedback will be passed to the team involved.

Response from Southend Hospital

I was truly sorry to learn of the problems you have experienced. your feedback will be passed to the team involved. If you would like to call our Patient Advice and Liaison team on 01702 385333 (e-mail pals@southend.nhs.uk) they will be happy to look into this further. Steve McEwen Patient Experience Manager