"Short stay surgical unit"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital

I was referred to Stepping Hill by my dentist to have a broken tooth removed under sedation. From my first referral through to my pre-op assessment to the actual procedure my treatment was first class. I could not believe the professionalism, efficiency and concern for what I considered to be such a minor procedure.

On the day of the procedure I was admitted at 12 noon as arranged, given a bed and locker for the day in a very bright and clean 4 bedded ward. The nursing staff were kind and considerate at all times and kept me fully briefed. I met the anaesthetist at 1 pm and he discussed the sedation process with me. I went into the maple suite at 1.30 pm, met the surgeon undertaking the procedure, and by 2.30 I was back on the ward being cared for by the nursing staff. My blood pressure etc was taken 4 times during afternoon. A very tasty meal was offered at 5.30 and I was picked up by my husband at 6.30 and left with the painkillers I may need.

I could not have received better treatment anywhere and would recommend the hospital without reservation.

My husband has had the same experience when being treated for eye problems.

I think we are very lucky to have Stepping Hill as our local hospital.

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

I sincerely apologise that these were not responded to in a timely manner.

This was due to lack of administrative support at the time which has now been rectified.

I would like to reassure you however that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate teams who were pleased to hear that you had a good experience at our hospital.

Patient and Customer Services Manager