"To this day I have still had no appointment. Is my heart problem life threatening?"

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS) The Princess Royal Hospital (Telford)

(as a service user),

I had a minor operation under anaesthetic for a frozen shoulder. I was told (in the hospital bed on the day of the operation), that I had a heart problem which required further investigation.

Therefore, my anaesthetic was reduced and my operation only completed in part. I went to see my doctor at Malins Health Centre in Telford, who referred me to TRAQs.

After six weeks my shoulder surgeon asked about the heart problem and I told him I had heard nothing.

I was then contacted by TRAQs who told me I could have an appointment in Cannock, I replied by saying as everything has gone through the Princess Royal Hospital at Telford I should be seen there.

To this day I have still had no appointment. Is my heart problem life threatening, I wonder?

Response from Cathie McKenzie, Patient Advisor, TRAQS, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for taking the time to complete the patient opinion survey.

I am sorry that your experience of TRAQS appears to be slightly negative. TRAQS receives your referral from your GP and will action the referral according to your GP's instructions. Once the referral has been processed we would have contacted you to offer choice of hospital. The offer of an appointment at Cannock Hospital was made because that was the earliest bookable appointment we could offer. (We are aware that at the present time there is a significant delay in making appointments for some clinics at the Princess Royal Hospital).

We will do our best to meet your needs but we cannot offer appointments at providers if there are no appointments available. TRAQS have no control over the availablitlity or lack of appointments at local providers. We do our best to manage your booking, but cannot be held responsible if hospitals do not have free appointments.

Nevertheless we appreciate all feedback whether it is positive or negative.

Response from The Princess Royal Hospital

I am sorry to hear of the problems you have had with the TRAQS service and hope that they have resolved this for you. I hope also that you have been pleased with the service you have received from us at the Princess Royal Hospital - although I recognise that things have not quite gone according to plan given that they identified a heart issue.