"Locala Walk in Centre at Dewsbury District hospital"

About: Dewsbury & District Hospital / Accident and emergency Locala Walk in Centre

I attended the walk in centre 3 weeks ago at Dewsbury District Hospital and during the short wait for my turn, I observed the behaviours of A&E staff and Locala walk in centre staff and noticed a real difference in the customer service given.

The A&E staff I saw seemed grumpy and impatient when calling for patients and came accross as unfreindly and frankly not bothered and put out. While the walk in centre staff were welcoming, freindly and extremely pleasant.

The huge contrast in the way the staff came accross made me grateful that I didnt need A&E treatment. I felt sorry for anyone attending A&E and would like to highlight this so that steps can be taken to improve customer service to all those attending Dewsbury A&E wether that be for the walk in centre or Accident & Emergency department.

Response from Dewsbury & District Hospital

Thank you for this feedback. We would be happy to investigate any specific issues if the patient would like to contact us directly.

Response from Louise Thornton, Customer Engagement Manager , Adults Planned and Health and Wellbeing Business Unit, Locala Community Partnerships

Dear Pandora

Thank you for taking the time to post details of your experience at our walk in centre based in Dewsbury hosptial. Our staff pride themselves on being a welcoming and friendly service. I will share with them the positive comments you have posted. However, unfortunately we do not employ the A&E staff but hopefully our approach will rub off when they see clients like yourself leaving feeling satisfied with their experience.