"3 weeks went by before I got an appointment"

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

(as a service user),

My GP found an "abnormal" problem with my cervix, and told me it needed urgent surgery. He said I'd hear in 7-10 days time. 3 weeks went by before I got an appointment, which is in 4 weeks time!

I don't consider this to be treated as urgent.

Response from Cathie McKenzie, Patient Advisor, TRAQS, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for taking the time to provide patient feedback.

I am sorry that your experience of TRAQS has been negative. The referral procss is that TRAQS receives your referral from your GP and will action the referral according to your GP's instructions. Once the referral has been processed we aim to contact the patient within 5 working days of its receipt in TRAQS and offer choice of hospital if appropriate. We will do our best to meet your needs but we cannot offer appointments at providers if there are no appointments available. TRAQS have no control over the availablitlity of lack of appointments at local providers, we do our best to manage your booking, but cannot be held responsible if hospitals do not have free appointments.

In the main TRAQS has received positive feedback, therefore I am slightly dissapointed that you feel that the service you received has not been seen in the same light but greatful for the time you took to post your comment,