"The staff at TRAQs were very polite and friendly"

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS) The Princess Royal Hospital (Telford)

(as a service user),

TRAQs contacted me quickly after referral by my GP. I was offered 2 locations for treatment. I chose the Princess Royal Hospital as it is near my home. My appointment was about 3 weeks in advance which I consider to be very good.

The staff at TRAQs were very polite and friendly. The physiotherapist was also polite and friendly and explained everything I needed to know.

Is having TRAQs as cost effective as contact by the Hospital only?

Response from Cathie McKenzie, Patient Advisor, TRAQS, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for taking time to feedback regarding your recent referral.

It is pleasing to note that you received a comprehensive explanation from the Physiotherapist regarding your treatment and we at TRAQS provided a service of a high standard. TRAQS is a new and developing service and it's all about patient choice. We are frequently able to offer an alternative location to the patient which often results in a shorter waiting time before they can attend for their appointment. This, in fact, often means that treatment is completed far more quickly than under the pervious system.

Again, many thanks for your feedback.

Response from Patient Services Officer, Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff involved in your care. I will be happy to share them with the staff concerned.