"Radcliffe ward and Winstanley ward"

About: Chorley & South Ribble Hospital

I was admitted to Rawcliffe ward prior to my discectomy and was treated in a fabulous manner staff were cheerful professional and very efficient. I felt valued as a patient and was instantly put at ease. They allowed my hubby to wait with me and generally made us both feel that nothing would be too much trouble.

Following my surgery I was taken to Winstanley ward where my recovery was a bit troublesome I was nauseous and fainting and felt silly but again staff were amazingly patient and totally reassuring. I was offered drinks and toast and the nurses took the time to chat as they carried put their observations - it felt like they were really there for you and again couldnt havebeen more attentive or helpful.

Too often we read negative press about our NHS so I had to share my experience I felt terrible and was in terrible pain but the nurses nursed their socks off to make all of us as comfortable and relaxed as possible - thank you!

Response from Chorley & South Ribble Hospital

Thanks for your comments. Hearing about positive experiences really motivates our staff, and helps us identify where we’re getting things right so we can share good practice across all of our services. We'll pass your comments on to the Rawcliffe and Winstanley ward staff. We hope you are in good health and feeling well.