"Rehabilitation"

I was sent to the Livingstone from Darent Valley Hospital following a broken tibia. I needed some rehab and preparation for going home as I had to use crutches and could not get upstairs. The role of the hospital was to get me more confident on the crutches and to organise the home help I required. I was in there for a total of ten days.

Both of these objectives were achieved really well and by the time I went home I felt confident about being able to look after myself.

The medical and care staff at the hospital displayed an extremely high level of care and concern towards the patients, some of whom were very old and had a great deal of difficulty in looking after themselves. The staff displayed great patience and understanding and acted with humour and kindness even during some quite trying episodes.

The physio staff, whose role was to get patients mobile and independent following orthopaedic surgery, were very efficient and also displayed patience, kindness and encouragement as well as using humour and fun to achieve their objectives.

All in all I cannot praise this hospital highly enough.

Response from Livingstone Hospital

Dear Mr Keys,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Livingstone Hospital. The Matron and staff will be so pleased to read your comments, particularly about their patience, kindness and humour.

Best wishes