"Happy with the care, but saddened by the loss ..."

About: Stepping Hill Hospital

My Dad has recently been a patient on A14, I think his care was exceptional. He was treated with dignity and respect, and even as an older terminally ill patient, he was given the best medical care.

My mum was always kept in the picture and the transition from hospital to care was very comfortable.

My only disappointment was that we were given my Dads St Christopher on leaving the hospital, but an expensive gold chain with lots of sentimental value had "gone missing"....I am hoping that it will "turn up" as it means such a lot to my mum as it was bought on a holiday they had shared and was to be left to his eldest Grandson.

I would value your comments, and do I need to do anything more to have this loss investigated

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of jewellery and apologise that we did not respond to your post at the time.

Unfortunately, due to administrative issues we were unable to do so.

When property goes missing a full investigation is carried out and there is a process that is followed.

Given the length of time this event occurred, we would be unable to invetigate now however, I do hope that the chain was found and returned to you.

If not, I sincerely apologise that it was not found.

Patient and Customer Services Manager