"Was contacted within the time period specified by my GP"

About: Royal Shrewsbury Hospital / Gynaecology Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

(as a service user),

Was contacted within the time period specified by my GP (February). Within 2 days had a letter reminding me of appointment (February, for appointment in March). 2 days later had another reminder letter, with different contact details on then the first in case I needed to cancel and this time stating I should take a urine sample to appointment.

On day of appointment arrived in time for my 4: 25pm appointment in urogynecology out patients, Dr Foon clinic and was called in to see the Doctor at 6: 10pm.

Despite waiting nearly two hours to be seen, I did feel I got his full attention and a couple of nurses waited past their shift and time to accompany me so I did feel for them and appreciate the gesture.

Response from Helen Handy, TRAQS & CAB Co-Ordinator, Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am pleased to note that you were contacted by the TRAQS team within the time frame you were expecting.

It is encouraging to hear positive stories and we at TRAQS endeavour to work for the benefit of the patient.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Response from Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry to hear that you faced delay and really pleased that you still felt that the doctors and nurses gave you their attention and time.