"acute surgical admission"

About: Lister Hospital

I was admitted on the 17th April with acute abdominal pain.I was seen promptly in A&E by the triage nurse & was then passed onto the A&E Doctor. The staff that dealt with me where very professional & efficient, despite being incredibly busy. I was seen by the surgical team, sent to the ward & prepared for an emergency operation. The surgical team, juniors throught to consultant, the nursing staff & ancillary staff on the ward, the anaesthetic team, were all very kind, efficient & highly professional.

This was my first experience of acute surgical services as a patient at the Lister. I would not hesitiate to have family & friends treated there.

Response from Lister Hospital

Having to undergo emergency surgery is never easy for our patients, as often there is little time to get prepared for what's to come. Which is why hearing how well our emergency department, ward and theatre teams supported you through what was probably a life-saving operation is so good to hear. We also know that the teams involved in your care will be delighted to read how highly you rated the care that they provided. We hope that you now go on to make a full recovery as soon as possible.