"Catheter ablation surgery"

About: Bmi - The Meriden Hospital

I went into the meridian 2 days ago for catheter ablation surgery and although I’m 25 I’m a bit of a wimp and was scared of being there on my own but had a lovely nurse with me the whole time so don’t know why I was worried!! Every nurse I encountered was lovely and very friendly, they kept checking I was ok and answered any question I had.

Although the operation wasn’t successful the heart specialist explained it all to me and tried his best to make it work, I was kept informed all of the time during the procedure and he came to see me twice after it was all over.

The aftercare was amazing, I went back to the ward and the staff kept checking I was ok, and made sure I had food and drink as soon as I could.

When I was ready to leave I unfortunately had a re-bleed from my artery and it’s only down to the nurses that we didn’t panic! Thank you to all that looked after me!

Response from Bmi - The Meriden Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, we will pass on your kind comments to the team. BMI Healthcare wants to make a stressful time as relaxing as possible, we aim to provide a calm and comfortable environment where you can focus on getting better. We always endeavour to improve wherever we can, and ensure BMI Healthcare remains a leader in patient care and outcomes.