"A and E"

About: Salford Royal

I suffer from sever mental illness, I was admitted to A and E by advice from my gp and my husband. I didn't know what was happening at the time and it was all arranged for me to get seen to straight away when I got there to be assessed. I was in extreme distress and after trying to kill myself the day before. The support was disgusting, the triage nurse had no compassion for anyone suffering. The place was full of rubbish, dirty. You really need to have a separate room for people to sit in with extreme mental illness. In the end I was sitting for 4 hours and my husband decided to take me home, as I was getting worse.

After returning home we got a,phone call asking us to come back, and we got seen by the cpn straight away, she was very nice and sorted me out but A and E you have a lot to answer for. If I was by myself and my husband was not with me, I probably would of tried to harm myself or worse because of the complete lack of compassion there.

Response from Salford Royal

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to read that you are dissatisfied with the treatment you received in the Emergency Department. I have forwarded your comments to the Lead Nurse for Emergency Medicine, however, we would welcome the chance to explore these issues further with you. Please contact our PALS team (pals@srft.nhs.uk) for further assistance.