"Awful"

About: Princess Anne Hospital

Having previously had an ovarian cyst removed in 2010 after the birth of my first child, where I had a wonderful doctor and smooth operation and aftercare, I was confident about having to be treated for another.

I was told by my consultant that I had a non cancerous tumor as well as some simple cysts. For months and months I fretted until my next appointment. When I came back after 3 months to see the same consultant , he didn't have a clue what I was there for and tried to dismiss me , I said, "erm, what about my tumor?" and he replied "oh, do you have a tumor?" and quickly scrolled through my notes. This really upset me as I had been tying myself in knots with worry. I understand he has a lot of people to look after but he could have read my notes before I walked into the room!!

Initially told 8 weeks til operation, called back after 8 weeks and now been told surgery will be in July which will be 16 weeks from when I was first told.

Not happy.

Ps. The sonography staff are wonderful, a real credit to the hospital.

Response from Princess Anne Hospital

Thank you. I do not underestimate the anxiety caused by waiting for an operation. I apologise that your doctor was not prepared when he saw you in clinic. I will pass your feedback on.