"Improved colonoscopy care"

About: The Princess Royal Hospital / Gastroenterology

As a follow up to my previous post, " Painful Sigmoidoscopy" https://www.patientopinion.org.uk/opinions/89841 I felt I must comment on the care and treatment I received today. What a contrast.

I was very anxious, and weak following the fasting and bowel preparation, but the care I was given by the nurses and Nurse Endoscopist were outstanding.

I explained my problem with sedation taking a while to work on me, and they gave me the pain relief first, with a slight delay between that and the sedation, which made a significant difference. I can't say the procedure was painless, but it was certainly not as bad as last time.

Response from Patient Services Officer, Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff involved in your care. I will be happy to share them with the staff concerned.

Response from The Princess Royal Hospital

That is really reassuring to hear, particularly after your last experience. I hope that you continue to receive such good care for anything you receive in the future.