"Colcoscopy arranged out of hours to accomodate me"

About: Milton Keynes Hospital

A big thank you to the consultant who very kindly agreed to see me before her shift started to carry out the colcoscopy. I felt very cared for and that I hadn't put her to any bother. She was patient and reassuring about the procedure, both before and during and provided clear information about recovery and aftercare.

Also, the lovely nurse who cared for me - I believe she too had come in early to help with my appointment. She too was kind and caring and held my hand during some of the most unpleasant parts and helped me to breathe through the procedure - in the week the NHS had again been slated for nurses who supposedly no longer 'care' for patients the nurse who looked after me demonstrated that, as I suspected, this is again just another headline grabber.

Response from Milton Keynes Hospital

Thank you very much for your positive comments regarding the Gynaecology Deapartment at the hospital. It is always very much appreciated by staff when patients and their families take the time to give feedback on their experience and your comments will be shared with all staff involved. Milton Keynes Hospital would like to apologise for the length of time it has taken to reply. Thank you.