"Very helpful care from 111 and st georges"

About: Harmoni / NHS 111 St George's Hospital (Tooting) / Respiratory medicine

My partner suffers from COPD. He was very breathless at 1am one night so I called 111. They were very very helpful in telling me what I needed to do and recommended I called an ambulance. The ambulance took him to St Georges. We have used 111 and been to St Georges 3 times. The first time he was there for 2 weeks, the second for 4/5 days and the 3rd for one day. On every occasion, he's been looked after fantastically and I am very happy with the service.

Response from Amanda Mayo, NHS 111 Service Director, Harmoni

I hope that your husband has recovered from his recent acute presentation of COPD. I am pleased that you found the NHS111 service helpful and that the correct care was advised.

Thank you for taking the time to post your experiences

Response from Simon Mills, NHS 111 Clinical Lead, NHS Wandsworth CCG

I'm really pleased to hear that you have found the NHS 111 service helpful. I'm not sure where you live, but in Wandsworth we are striving to improve the care that patients with long term conditions receive, particularly when they are in need of urgent medical attention and their own GP is closed. One of the ways that we are doing this is with the increased use of community specialist nurses for patients with conditions such as COPD. If you do live in Wandsworth, it would be very helpful to hear directly from you, so that we can look more closely into the elements of your care and learn if we could have done anything to avoid hospital admission, and get you better in the community. If you live in Wandsworth, and you are happy to share your personal details, please do contact me via the Wandsworth CCG Customer Care email address - wandsworth.pals@nhs.net.

Response from St George's Healthcare NHS Trust

Thanks very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at St George's Hospital. Your kind comments will be passed onto the respiratory team.