"Slow endoscopy referral"

About: Devon Access and Referral Team (DART)

My GP referred me to DART to arrange an endoscopy appointment.

I received 2 letters relating to this, the first from DART and the second from Choose and Book. I called DART 3 times and couldn’t get through so I called Choose and Book to be advised that I shouldn’t have received that letter. When I finally got through to DART, they couldn’t give me an appointment and said they needed to refer me on to someone else.

Now 3 weeks later, I still haven’t got an appointment but now apparently there’s a letter in the post.

The ironic thing is that my husband was referred to them at the same time as me and he got a letter and appointment straightaway. I’m frustrated by this slow process and am confused that DART couldn’t deal with arranging my appointment.

My treatment has been delayed and in the meantime. I have longer to worry about what might be wrong with me. I don’t think this process would be moving forward at all if I weren’t driving it. I work in a hospital and understand the system. I hate to think how much harder this would be for people who don’t.

Response from Gemma Smith, Project Support Manager - Devon Referral Support Services, Devon Access & Referral Team (DART)

Dear ‘Paris344’,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us, I am sorry that your referral is unresolved.

I cannot be sure what has gone wrong with your referral and I would like the opportunity to look into this for you, if you would be able to contact me on 01626 883712 or cab.helpdesk@nhs.net I can look into this further. I work from Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.

Best Wishes