"rude A+E nurse"

About: Peterborough City Hospital

I visited the A+E early on a Friday evening, while I understand the staff were probably getting ready for a very busy night and influx of patients, it was only around 7pm and the department was not busy at all. The reception desk staff and the nurse helping to admit patients were fairly friendly and helpful,I did not have to wait that long in correlation to my injury. However, the nurse that actually called me and treated me was very rude and uncompassionate. From calling my name the nurse completely ignored me, even looking me up and down when I said hello to her, turning away and not saying a word untill she sat down in the chair of treatment room. I felt the check she gave me was rushed and asked me some questions totally unrelated to my injury. When I asked a question, she treated me like an idiot, repeating herself over and over instead of explaining herself and 3 weeks later, after this nurse saying there is nothing wrong, I am having to request an x ray from my doctor and in considerable amounts of pain.

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

I am so sorry to hear of the problems that you have experienced and am very concerned about the way in which your were cared for by this particular nurse. I am very keen to take this forward as I do not want other patients to experience the same problems as you have. With this in mind I would really like to be able to take this further however I would need more information from you so I can trace the nurse. Please could you therefore contact me on (01733) 678022 or email me on lesley.crosby@pbh-tr.nhs.uk.

Once again I am so sorry and would urge you to contact me and give us a chance to correct the problems you have experienced.

Response from Peterborough City Hospital

We are so sorry to hear of the problems that you have experienced and am very concerned about the way in which your were cared for by this particular nurse.

In order for us to look into these issues more closely, please contact the Patient Advice and Liason Service (PALS) on 01733 673405 or email pals@pbh-tr.nhs.uk.

We take all comments from patients and visitors seriously and strive to ensure that we use them to continuously improve patient experience.