"Several visits with my elderly father"

About: Peterborough City Hospital

I have now had occasion to visit the hospital with my elderly father, who suffers from Alzheimers, four times. Three of these have been to Accident & Emergency in the early hours of the morning. On two of these occasions he was admitted. It is very difficult sometimes dealing with someone elderly with dementia but I have found nothing but kindness and respect on all of my visits. On my last visit on the 4th April, 2013, the staff in Outpatients went the extra mile in helping me with my father. After visiting other hospitals with him, I cannot praise the hospital enough for their policy in dealing with patients with dementia with dignity and respect.

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such positive feedback. All of our staff have been undergoing training in helping them to care for patients with dementia as we recognise that this is a very vulnerable group of patients.

Thank you again for your kind comments and I will ensure that they are passed on.

Response from Peterborough City Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to feedback these positive comments to the Trust. I will ensure that your comments are passed through to our emergency department, wards and outpatients.