"birthing unit"

About: King's Mill Hospital

I was unfortunate enough to be taken to Kingsmill last September to give birth to my son. This was my first baby and if I have another one I would rather give birth in the street than go back there! The midwife was rude and sullen and quite frankly a

disgrace to her profession and the whole hospital. She made me feel as if I was a hindrance to her and that I wasn't putting any effort into that labour bearing in mind it lasted for 16 hours. She repeatedly told me and my husband that her shift was coming to an end and when my boy was finally born left me in stirrups for an hour with my knees right up to my chest. It was horrific, she then refused to stitch me and said ibwould gave to wait for the nextmidwife on shift. What a horrible woman she is!

The staff on the ward were absolute gems, lovely natured, friendly and helpful. But their colleague gives them a bad name.

Response from King's Mill Hospital

We are sorry that you are so unhappy with the care you received last year. If you would like to discuss your concerns please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 01623 672222 (Monday to Friday 8.30-5.00pm).