"Circumcision"

About: Colchester General Hospital

I came into the hospital for my procedure as a day patient and I was treated with the most care and respect for the time I entered the door. I was taken into pre-op and blood test done, then met with the anesthesiologist and the surgent and they discussed my procedure and did final observations. I went into surgery had my circumcision and I have to tell you, I was not embarrassed at all because eve time I was examined I was properly covered in my surgical garment and doctors were very calming and professional.

I was educated about the nature of the surgery and signed the forms and then I was put to sleep and the next thing I knew is I was waking up 3 hours later and being monitored before I was ready to be discharged. The wards were clean and I stayed in a cabin in the elective care section of the hospital which was very modern and cosy.

I am recovering from the procedure and so far my results are what I expected, I was in great hands and the urology team at Colchester General Hospital has proven to be capable and willing to provide the best health care possible. I am very happy with my procedure.

Response from Colchester General Hospital

Many thanks for your comments and taking the time to submit them. We try really hard to improve our services based on the comments we receive.

We have a quarterly At Our Best Awards scheme which recognises staff achievements and thanks them for what they do. It has a team category, an individual and a volunteer category.

You could enter the team/the person you were kind enough to write in about, by clicking here! http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/At_Our_Best_Awards