"'Hyper' emergency, open-heart, resection of atrial..."

About: The Heart Hospital

Thanking the doctor. Going retrospectively - reviewed by (morbid) pathologist father of mid-forties daughter - I was impressed and tearful hearing of the 7cm heart tumour from the cardiology senior registrar who had the inspired intelligence to perform an echocardiogram in a general surgery ward, Royal Free Hospital.

The rare atrial myxoma in the heart filled me with foreboding for the life of our loving, composed, elegant, Mensa-intelligent, fine artist daughter.

That was around 11am Good Friday:- she was in theatre from 3:30pm on the public holiday at The Heart Hospital for some four hours the team led by the doctor. His report of blue blood in the heart vindicated his emergency decision: my daughter had nearly gone.

The next day in highly specialised, Hi-Tech ICTU North my daughter complained to my wife of the food. "Sweet music, she was well enough to complain".

Oh how I and vicar and parishioners prayed for her and surgical team during Easter vigil. agy

Response from The Heart Hospital

Thank you very much for your comments and for taking the time to feedback on your experience at the Heart Hospital. Whilst I hope your daughter's swift recovery continues , I am sorry to hear that she did not like the food whilst she was here. We review our catering on an ongoing basis here at the Heart Hospital and try to take on board patients' feedback to improve our service whenever possible.