"food for Vegans"

About: Frenchay Hospital

during my stay in this hospital i found the choices for vegan food non existant. not even lactose free food was available, most of the time my mother had to bring the food in for me.More training is needed with the catering department as there are other vegans and vegetarians who will also get bored with chick pea curry!

Response from Frenchay Hospital

Dear Sir/Madam – I was perturbed to read your comments about the food at Frenchay Hospital. It is disappointing that the recent awards earned by the Trust from the Soil Association and the care taken by the catering manager to make sure a wide variety of food is available for all dietary requirements is not finding its way to the wards. Ward staff are able to order special meals up to a few hours before any mealtime, but I am aware on occasions this is not clearly communicated to patients and so they are not made aware of the range and choice of meals tailored to meet individual requirements. Please accept my sincere apologies you were let down by these facilities.

I will make sure your comments are passed on to the catering department, but also to the ward matrons so they can act to improve the communication in this area.

Kind regards – Steve Sykes