"the positive image of the NHS"

About: Southend Hospital

if you are lucky enough to have this hospital as your local hospital then you have no need to worry, the treatment is first class, age does not matter, they are vigilant, efficient, caring and treat people as intelligent people who can understand their condition and confer more than dictate. i had first class care all the time i was there before they had to transfer me to the london chest hospital and also when i was brought back to this hospital and all the follow on care including diagnosis of another unrelated condition, which has been fully explained down to options of treatment that i decide to use. The two seperate areas that i am under have made clear that i am always welcome to go back should i have any worries, although i have an excellant gp i can leave myself in his care. This is actually NHS at its very best.

Response from Southend Hospital

Many thanks for your kind comments. I am pleased to learn that your experiences have been very positive. I have passed your comments on and I would like to wish you well with any further treatment you may need. Kind regards Steve McEwen Patient Experience Team

Response from Steve McEwen, Patient Experience Lead, Patient Liaison, Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Many thanks for your feedback. It is always good to know when we are doing it right for our patients.

I wsh you well with any future treatment you may have and if you do need to contact us then you can do so via our patient advice and liaison service - pals@southend.nhs.uk or 01702 385333