"Dignity , respect and high quality of care"

About: Southlands Hospital

Given very bad experiences at various NHS hospitals, PCT decision making, and in particular an outpatient unit it took me the best part of 15 years to sort treatment and surgery.

I needn't have worried, from the outset the first nurse I saw on my initial consultation and the surgeon could not have been better, the pre op assessment initial nurse the same, the next nurse less so , could have listened more and appeared a little judgemental indeed getting some details incorrect.

The medical secretaries for the surgeon again were excellent and indeed I was able to get the operation brought forward.

When the day came all the staff from the named nurse , the surgeon , the anaesthetist , etc absolutely fabulous!! Sadly the follow up appt seems to have been arranged for a different hospital but hopefully I can sort this.

Response from Southlands Hospital

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to leave us feedback regarding your treatment at Southlands Hospitals especially your positive experience following your previous bad experiences within the NHS. We are delighted to hear that you are happy with the treatment you received in general surgery at Southlands hospital. Our clinical teams at Western Sussex Hospitals take great pride in the way they treat and care for their patients, and we’re glad that this was reflected in the standard of care you received. We hope you are recovering well and that you managed to sort the different hospital out.