"Efficient , informative and caring."

About: University Hospital Aintree

I was given immediate and sympathetic attention at the triage while they made their assessment. Although the receptionist experienced a problem with her computer monitor , she calmly wrote out my details by hand and I did not have to wait any longer as a result, in fact, was x rayed within 20 mins. The radiologist explained every step clearly.

I was offered pain relief at triage which was not needed. However it was an extremely busy time and my treatment was completed over 3 hours as it was non-urgent.

When I had my wound looked at my examination was carried out gently, with care and again clear explanations at every step. A second opinion sought by the doctor before treatment to check and was carried out promptly.

I was delighted with my treatment at the A & E centre at Aintree University Hospital. The professionals there made my experience less stressful and provided me with clear information on after care. I am very grateful to all the staff there and observed many other examples of excellent care and foresight towards the treatment of other patients who were there at the same time..

Response from University Hospital Aintree

Thank you very much for taking the time to make your comments - we'll pass them on to our A&E and radiology teams. Like many hospitals, Aintree's A&E remains very busy after the winter, so it's good to hear that our teams were still able to meet your expectations and reassure you.