"Visited a&e early this morning with an extremely..."

About: Barnsley Hospital

I have been suffering with a sore throat since Tuesday 19th March, having visited my own doctors on thurs and then a walk in centre in wakefield on Saturday I was told I had a severe case of laryngitis. I have been unable to sleep, eat or even swallow, I was sure I needed some antibiotics. My husband and I arrived at a&e at 7am this morning. There was no one at all waiting and the waiting area was spotless. I was quickly seen by a lovely nurse who took details, and carried out a few obs. She was so understanding and very caring( I was very upset). She told me I was next to see the doctor, he arrived approximately 10 mins later- was very thorough with his examination and confirmed that not only did I have viral laryngitis but also an very bad bacterial infection. He prescribed antibiotics which arrived 5 mins later!! Having gone in feeling so unwell I couldn't have asked for a better service!!! Thank you to all in a&e this morning!! Fantastic service all round!!!

Response from Barnsley Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback about your experience at our A&E department. We are pleased that you had received the service you needed and your experience was a positive one. We will make sure we pass on your comments to the department.

Best wishes