"Ultrasound dept good but general Gynae a let down"

About: Princess Anne Hospital

No complaints about the ultrasound department, they have been very helpful every time I have visited. Compliments to them.

I have an ovarian cyst which is being monitored and was assigned a registrar. When I went to the general gynae outpatient clinic to see him, he dismissed me with IBS and upon physical examination, advised no cyst could be felt.

Now I've had a scan showing the cyst has not gone and the solid component within has grown but the registrar won't see me for another 3 months. Now while I accept this (he knows better etc.), I am unhappy that they will not arrange a scan to take place the day of this appointment because this department seems to not be working on logic - I will now wait another 3 months to see the registrar to be told he wants me to have another scan - surely it makes more sense to bring recent results to a consultation. As someone who works in the health sector it is very disappointing to see this level of inability to organise and reassure patients appropriately.

When I spoke to the secretary at the hospital I was advised that if I was in pain I should see my GP.

Nonetheless, the hospital has been brilliant in other ways and it is just the lack of logic when arranging these appointments and a loss of confidence and trust as a result.

Response from Princess Anne Hospital

I am unable to offer a comment as to why the scan is arranged at a different time to your outpatient appointment. I would suggest that you ask why this is at your next clinic appointment and have an explanation given to you.