"Caring staff for broken ankle"

About: Dr Gray's Hospital / Emergency Medicine Dr Gray's Hospital / Orthopaedics (Bones, Joints and Fractures)

I fell six weeks ago and fractured my ankle. I attended accident and emergency, on the advice of my doctor, to have it assessed. Upon arrival again at Dr Gray's, Elgin, I was seen to fairly quickly, assessed and taken to the fracture clinic.

All the staff were friendly, professional and efficient. At fracture clinic I was advised that the bone would be manipulated and from there I was placed in a temporary plaster cast, having a new one fitted the following week.

Again I cannot fault the treatment I received at this hospital. I hear so many negative stories about the place that I wanted to ensure my version of events was heard.

The staff and doctors are very caring, the appointments I have had were kept and not cancelled and the care I received was first class.

Well done again to the staff from one very satisfied customer.

Response from Linda Oldroyd, Nurse Consultant Patient Safety and Experience, NHS Grampian

Many thanks for your feedback about care at Dr Gray's hospital. It is great to hear such good news stories. We pass on our best wishes to you for a speedy recovery and will ensure the services involved are made aware of your positive experience of care.